What your travel agency handles for you at no extra cost:
1) Call your credit card company to tell them which ports you will be visiting so they will not cancel your card.
2) Call your cell phone service provider to find out their policies on roaming charges and if your phone will indeed even work in those areas. Always leave phone on airplane mode when not in a Wi-Fi area.
3) Download “WHATSAPP” on your phone to chat with and text friends at home while in a Wi-Fi zone.
4) Go online to fill in cruise personalizer, print your documents and luggage tags, and pre-book shore excursions.
5) Pack a small bag to take onboard with you for necessary meds, cameras, bathing suit changes, etc. that you may need immediately before your luggage arrives to your cabin.
Upon arriving at the port terminal:
Have your documents, picture ID, proof of citizenship, or passport with you and readily available. Have all embarkation forms filled out before arrival.
Ships use a cashless system. You will open an on-board credit account and all purchases will be charged to it (beauty shop, SPA, land tours, bar, gift shop). At the end of the cruise you may pay these charges by cash or major credit card. You may want to take two different cards in case they don’t accept one.
Find the Bon Voyage Buffet (usually on the Lido Deck near poolside) when you arrive on the ship and start enjoying being pampered!!
Be sure to check out ALL of the entertainment on board—there are smaller clubs, piano bars, and discos—some with great hidden talent that we have found to be the best part of the cruise entertainment!
The Classy Travel Blog is a great way to educate yourself. Not only with travel tips and trick but also with insight on all of the Classy Destinations around the world.